The Incipit
Sometimes the flame licks the bones calms the skin. It 's the flame. In a recess of his mind, when it was still able to think rationally, I was convinced. The flame that had nurtured for centuries with his broken body and mind in ruins. First time, and who knows what he was past the horde of vampires trapped him in the catacombs beneath Paris. Chained to a rock, limb and neck immobilized. Before him, the entrance of the underworld who was spitting fire.
What do you think
Unfortunately after Dark Love I expect two more chapters of the trilogy entitled The Immortals, the American author Kresley Cole. I do not know why I continue to hurt me this kind of reading novels useless when you do a lot of talk, but not worth anything. I was looking for something to amuse, entertainment, leisure and instead I made a titanic effort to reach the last page. I got fooled by the reviews and read some literary blog by its cover, a bit reminiscent of Meyer's novels, I did not expect to read a masterpiece, but at least it was catchy and I did spend a few carefree hours. At one point I seemed to have on hand one of those novels that gave a gift Harmony style in women's magazines, but had the advantage of being for free while it costs 12 euros 12. To add to whishlist not to read anymore of this bullshit content: it is true that I read a lot, but I do not want to waste my time like that, trying to reconcile the failure of a botched plot, where the author seems more intent on what else to please all lovers of the paranormal romance genre instead to wonder if what you are writing makes sense. This
Dark Love I was really disappointed to be nice to say that it is a loaf of 350 pages in which she stuck with all that comes to mind, without a logic, no continuity and above all without honesty. Vampires, werewolves, Valkyries, witches, demons and spirits (basically all the classic characters of the supernatural) are thrown into the plot without a reason, almost at random just to fill the pages, a bit like a cook would do with the vegetables to prepare the soup, but with less love. The author must have thought "I'll put some of this, a bit of that ... then I'll put some reference to the mythology, the classical, the Nordic, Celtic, a hundredweight of hot sex scenes between the two protagonists. .. legends, mysteries to solve, some battle ... " and hey presto, here's how you rub the reader and do a lot of bucks. Poor job of editing, even the bad translation, even if I do not feel this sense of rage that improve what is already bad in principle would have been impossible. The plot is absurd and the characters are stereotypical and ill-defined: Emmaline Troy is the classic girl helpless, half Valkyrie and half vampire, who suddenly becomes a force of nature, the male protagonist is a Lachlain Lykae (werewolf) rude and perpetually horny decided to make her his. Before I'm in Paris, after a few pages are in Scotland, then end up in Russia, then in Louisiana, then back to Scotland as if nothing had happened. Half the novel is taken up by the description of their flirtations and embraces (and highly erotic is the only promise kept from the back cover), then suddenly the scenery changes and they begin fighting because there is also a ongoing war that is mentioned briefly. Supporting characters come and go, of which it is hard to keep in mind the names and forcing the reader to go back to see what relationship they have with the characters, dialogue that seems taken from a soap opera. In short, bad. The worst reading I've done since I opened the blog, even worse than the book Pierdavide Carone. In comparison Melissa P. deserves the Nobel Prize for literature. I said it all. A single crazy, double or triple when you consider that I have yet to read the second and third volumes (Dark Dark Passion and Pleasure) I do not know with what courage dare start. The thing that makes me particularly is that the author (the beautiful girl in the photo below) for this trilogy has won awards and has written novels about a fortnight. Do not recommend it highly, or if you really fans of the genre and want to read anyway, at least fatevelo pay. Anobii up 2 stars and have been extremely generous. The author
The Immortals (Immortals After Dark) Unfortunately after Dark Love I expect two more chapters of the trilogy entitled The Immortals, the American author Kresley Cole. I do not know why I continue to hurt me this kind of reading novels useless when you do a lot of talk, but not worth anything. I was looking for something to amuse, entertainment, leisure and instead I made a titanic effort to reach the last page. I got fooled by the reviews and read some literary blog by its cover, a bit reminiscent of Meyer's novels, I did not expect to read a masterpiece, but at least it was catchy and I did spend a few carefree hours. At one point I seemed to have on hand one of those novels that gave a gift Harmony style in women's magazines, but had the advantage of being for free while it costs 12 euros 12. To add to whishlist not to read anymore of this bullshit content: it is true that I read a lot, but I do not want to waste my time like that, trying to reconcile the failure of a botched plot, where the author seems more intent on what else to please all lovers of the paranormal romance genre instead to wonder if what you are writing makes sense. This
Dark Love I was really disappointed to be nice to say that it is a loaf of 350 pages in which she stuck with all that comes to mind, without a logic, no continuity and above all without honesty. Vampires, werewolves, Valkyries, witches, demons and spirits (basically all the classic characters of the supernatural) are thrown into the plot without a reason, almost at random just to fill the pages, a bit like a cook would do with the vegetables to prepare the soup, but with less love. The author must have thought "I'll put some of this, a bit of that ... then I'll put some reference to the mythology, the classical, the Nordic, Celtic, a hundredweight of hot sex scenes between the two protagonists. .. legends, mysteries to solve, some battle ... " and hey presto, here's how you rub the reader and do a lot of bucks. Poor job of editing, even the bad translation, even if I do not feel this sense of rage that improve what is already bad in principle would have been impossible. The plot is absurd and the characters are stereotypical and ill-defined: Emmaline Troy is the classic girl helpless, half Valkyrie and half vampire, who suddenly becomes a force of nature, the male protagonist is a Lachlain Lykae (werewolf) rude and perpetually horny decided to make her his. Before I'm in Paris, after a few pages are in Scotland, then end up in Russia, then in Louisiana, then back to Scotland as if nothing had happened. Half the novel is taken up by the description of their flirtations and embraces (and highly erotic is the only promise kept from the back cover), then suddenly the scenery changes and they begin fighting because there is also a ongoing war that is mentioned briefly. Supporting characters come and go, of which it is hard to keep in mind the names and forcing the reader to go back to see what relationship they have with the characters, dialogue that seems taken from a soap opera. In short, bad. The worst reading I've done since I opened the blog, even worse than the book Pierdavide Carone. In comparison Melissa P. deserves the Nobel Prize for literature. I said it all. A single crazy, double or triple when you consider that I have yet to read the second and third volumes (Dark Dark Passion and Pleasure) I do not know with what courage dare start. The thing that makes me particularly is that the author (the beautiful girl in the photo below) for this trilogy has won awards and has written novels about a fortnight. Do not recommend it highly, or if you really fans of the genre and want to read anyway, at least fatevelo pay. Anobii up 2 stars and have been extremely generous. The author
1. A hunger like no other, 2006 (Dark Love, Zorro Publisher)
2. No rest for the wicked, 2006 (Dark Pleasure, Leggereditore)
3. Wicked deeds on a winter's night, 2007 (Darl Passion
4. Dark Needs at Night's Edge, 2008
5. Dark Desires After Dusk 2008
6. Kiss of a Demon King, 2009
7. Deep kiss of winter, 2009
8. Pleasure of a dark prince, 2010
9. Demon from the Dark, 2010
0 comments:
Post a Comment